In Mariners News...
- Yoshihisa Hirano and Jake Fraley have both been cleared to start working out with the Mariners.
Jake Fraley will be back today for the #Mariners after dealing with a stomach bug.— Lauren Smith (@smithlm12) July 19, 2020
Hirano also now in camp, meaning all 60 in the player pool have now reported.
- The Mariners and Astros have announced their pitching lineups for the opening series.
Mariners will counter with:— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) July 19, 2020
Kendall Graveman https://t.co/MgbsojudtI
Around the League...
- Giancarlo Stanton makes it look effortless.
- Great news for former Mariner Logan Morrison as he’s named to the Brewers’ Opening Day roster.
The Brewers have informed Logan Morrison that he has made the Opening Day roster, according to sources. It’s a move that was widely expected since Morrison has impressed from Day 1 in Milwaukee.— Robert Murray (@ByRobertMurray) July 19, 2020
- Love this! The Angels are recreating fan pictures until they can be back at the ballpark in person.
- The Oakland A’s have released infielder Ryan Goins.
- The Mets hosted the Yankees in an exhibition game yesterday and both teams expressed happiness to finally be playing other teams besides their own.
- Pirates top prospect Ke’Bryan Hayes hasn’t participated in summer camp and revealed that he has tested positive for Covid-19.
- Red Sox RHP Colin McHugh has announced his plans to opt-out of the 2020 season.
- The Sounders have advanced to the knockout round of the MLS is Back Tournament with their 3-0 win over Vancouver yesterday!