Good morning folks! Let’s get to today’s links.
In Mariners news...
- Baseball America previews the upcoming international signing period for the Mariners. ($)
- Kendall Graveman misses the fan interaction that he normally experiences during games.
Around the league...
- This is undoubtedly very good news.
Jacob deGrom's MRI did not show anything concerning, per source. He is day to day.— Anthony DiComo (@AnthonyDiComo) July 15, 2020
- Baseball America provided a number of updates on prospects around the league, including a host of players in M’s camp. ($)
- Dan Szymborski at Fangraphs gives his analysis on the Braves’ signing of Yasiel Puig.
- The Rangers are expected to open the season without outfielder Willie Calhoun, who is dealing with a hip issue.
- Didi Gregorius plans to wear his mask during games because he his considered high-risk for the coronavirus with a kidney issue. I’m sure he won’t be the only one wearing one, but it goes to show that even these supposedly “young and healthy” athletes could have conditions that put them at risk.
- David Schoenfield recaps the long offseason, including a bunch of moves you probably forgot happened.
- Ken Schultz at Baseball Prospectus wrote about how Shohei Ohtani is a window into baseball’s past. ($)
- There will not be live scouts in ballparks to start the season, reports Ken Rosenthal.