Happy Monday! The Mariners played their third intrasquad game yesterday, a 3-inning game featuring a matchup of Marco Gonzalez and Isaiah Campbell. Unfortunately, yesterday’s game wasn’t live streamed either but there is good news ahead: Today’s game will be streamed on the Mariners’ YouTube with no audio, and Tuesday-Thursday games will be live streamed with audio:
Today's Mariners intrasquad game is not being streamed live. But Monday afternoon's game will be streamed on Mariners' YouTube and Twitch with video only. The Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday games will be streamed with video and announcers calling the action. No game on Friday.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) July 12, 2020
Intrasquad Game 3 notes:
- Marco Gonzalez had a very solid outing, facing the entire Steelheads lineup and recording four strikeouts.
- Isaiah Campbell also showed a promising start, allowing one run on two hits in two innings and recording one strikeout. Erik Swanson and Aaron Fletcher both made relief appearances to wrap up the game.
- Kyle Lewis. Need I say more? He hit his 3rd home run of intrasquad play in the first inning, a straight shot to center field.
Kyle Lewis does it again. First inning two-run HR off Marco Gonzales ... his third HR in 4 ABs in intrasquad play. pic.twitter.com/M6IPfOI3E3— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) July 12, 2020
When Kyle Lewis steps into the box for his second AB, catcher Tom Murphy jokingly signals for an intentional walk.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) July 12, 2020
- The Mariners continue intrasquad play today, with Taijuan Walker on the mound. Here is a full lineup of the live streams:
Thanks for all the feedback on our YouTube Summer Camp live streams. Full lineup of intrasquad live streams all week @ 2:45p.— Kevin Martinez (@Kevin_Martinez) July 13, 2020
Mon - Sounds of the Game
Tue - @heygoldy, @GaryHillJr & Mike Blowers on the call.
Wed - Rick Rizzs & @GaryHillJr
Thur - @TheDaveSimsShow & @GaryHillJr
In other Mariners News...
- Julio joins MiLB’s podcast and talks summer camp expectations and how he spent his time during quarantine.
ICYMI: #Mariners second-ranked prospect Julio Rodriguez hopped on this week's podcast to discuss what it's like being in Seattle's 60-man player pool and more.— Minor League Baseball (@MiLB) July 13, 2020
: https://t.co/hV50aXIp5E pic.twitter.com/kDHBgknOoj
Around the League...
- We love supportive teammates.
- This is going to take some getting used to.
- Aroldis Chapman joins the list of players testing positive for Covid-19.
#Yankees All-Star closer Aroldis Chapman latest marquee player to test positive for Covid-19— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) July 11, 2020
- Dodgers Closer Kenley Jansen announced that he was late to camp because he had tested positive for Covid-19.
- The Redskins have announced their plan to change the team name.