In Mariners News...
- Jerry Dipoto is still confident in the Mariners rebuild, despite the effects of lost playing time on their prospects.
- Kyle Lewis talks with the New York Times about how he’s staying in shape during the pandemic and more:
Catch up with @KLew_5 as he discusses everything from his Major League debut to the importance of carrying the torch and opening doors for more Black baseball players.— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) June 6, 2020
Around The League...
- ESPN Analyst Doug Glanville shared this powerful video about the state of our world and why we need to make a change.
- “No longer will I be silent.” — Joey Votto writes about privilege and opens up about how he realized his own ignorance.
- ESPN has released a trailer for its upcoming Mark McGwire-Sammy Sosa documentary, Long Gone Summer.
ESPN has released a new first look trailer for the upcoming Sammy/McGwire doc, which comes next weekend ... pic.twitter.com/GdcurGu13u— Bleacher Nation (@BleacherNation) June 7, 2020
- Bradford William Davis at NY Daily News worries that MLB isn’t taking enough precautions related to the coronavirus and is rushing the start to a potential season.
NEW: After MLB delivered the first draft of its 67-page COVID-19 health protocol to the MLBPA, I contacted 28 city or county health departments to discuss how their team could safely return to play.— Bradford William Davis (@_beewilly) June 7, 2020
Only four confirmed receipt of the document. (thread)https://t.co/rVkan740VF pic.twitter.com/gVC21v7itg
- MLB owners plan to call on Monday to discuss negotiations with players.