In Mariners News...
- Thank you to Bob for his amazing work the past 40 years and best wishes!
After 40 years as a head groundskeeper, the time has come to hang up my rake. Thank you to my family, friends, fans, and my crew for your love and support. 40 years I went to "work" in the playground of my dreams, with the game I love. It was the pleasure of my life. @Mariners pic.twitter.com/rBhCy53yUE— Bob Christofferson (@BCsodfather) June 1, 2020
- Shannon Drayer gives us an update on Peoria since its re-opening.
Baseball talk for a rainy weekend! Inside look at what’s going on in Peoria since the #Mariners reopened the complex, Jake Fraley on motivation to play and Austin Shenton’s 10,000 calorie challenge ends well, but tiny house construction does not!— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) May 30, 2020
- Watch Griffey and McGwire battle it out in the memorable 1999 Home Run Derby, streaming live today at 9 am.
Around The League..
- MLBPA’s latest proposal includes a 114-game season starting on June 30th, and gives players the right to opt out of the season.
The MLBPA delivered a proposal to MLB on Sunday afternoon, a source familiar with it tells ESPN. It includes 114-game season that would end October 31, the right to opt out of the season for all players and potential deferral of salaries if 2020 the postseason were canceled.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) June 1, 2020
- MLB is looking into banning mascots if/when the season begins.
- Meghan Montemurro at the Athletic takes us inside the studio for a behind-the-scenes look at Pitch.
“Pitch” was unique within TV for producing high-quality baseball scenes. Meanwhile its compelling storytelling left fans clamoring for more.— Meghan Montemurro (@M_Montemurro) May 29, 2020
An inside look at how they pulled off the realism of the baseball scenes & more from those who worked on the show: https://t.co/XdQqjkfRtG
- Red Sox organist Josh Kantor has been live-streaming the ballpark music we’ve been missing.
Most days this time of the year, organist Josh Kantor would be playing tunes at Red Sox games.— ABC News 4 (@ABCNews4) May 27, 2020
With the #MLB season still on hold, he's instead been livestreaming concerts of ballpark music and other requests on Facebook:https://t.co/Brx6ZbCeoc