Good morning folks! Let’s get it started.
In Mariners news...
- Tim Dierkes at MLB Trade Rumors lists 15 players he thinks the Mariners would protect in an expansion draft.
Around the league...
- Mike Petriello wonders what happened to the ace lefty pitcher.
- Ken Rosenthal at The Athletic talks to various executives in baseball about how they’d address the health protocols in the sport. ($)
- Curious how they’re regulating this with everyone at home.
In case anyone’s wondering, since play was suspended MLB players have continued to be tested for PEDs— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) May 21, 2020
- The U.S. Department of Justice is looking into Major League Baseball’s recruitment of foreign players.
- This guy cannot catch a break.
#Rays Pitcher Brent Honeywell underwent a decompression procedure on his right ulnar nerve Wednesday in Los Angeles, performed by Dr. Neal ElAttrache.— Josh Tolentino (@JCTSports) May 21, 2020
- We need more glasses in baseball.
"Adjusts glasses"— Alex Fast (@AlexFast8) May 21, 2020
"Hits 500 foot " pic.twitter.com/IfhvWNyH0a
- He really wasn’t going easy on them either.
These kids knocked on Dejounte Murray's door and asked him to play ball with them— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) May 21, 2020
(via @DejounteMurray) pic.twitter.com/4R4pV7RAZD