Hello folks, and thank you for joining us here at Lookout Landing on this Thursday morning. Let’s get that fresh batch of links to you.
In Mariners news...
- People around baseball are taking notice of Julio.
With power & poise, Julio Rodriguez has what it takes to cement himself as the top prospect for the #Mariners https://t.co/1rmPBTu5W8 pic.twitter.com/KjTk9jwskC— Fake Teams (@faketeams) May 21, 2020
- Connor Byrne at MLB Trade Rumors recalls the Mitch Haniger trade.
Around the league...
KBO's first triple play of 2020 turned by the KIA Tigers pic.twitter.com/I0xjlLqUeP— Dan Kurtz (@MyKBO) May 20, 2020
- J.J. Cooper at Baseball America wrote about the current state of minor league baseball.
- Congratulations to Nellie!
Nelson Cruz is a finalist for the 2020 Muhammad Ali Sports Humanitarian Award for his extensive community service in the Dominican Republic and other communities.— Do-Hyoung Park (@dohyoungpark) May 20, 2020
He will receive a $25,000 grant towards his Boomstick23 Foundation -- increased to $100,000 if he wins the award.
- Seems like we could be fairly close to a resolution.
They have no choice: MLB and players must play ball and settle economic dispute-with formal proposal expected by weekend-or sport will be irreparably damaged. https://t.co/1J6qPRiXmZ— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) May 20, 2020
- Honestly, I forgot that Barry Bonds worked for the Marlins.
Christian Yelich only hit 27 homers in his first 415 games. The next 505 games? 112 HOME RUNS.— Talkin’ Baseball (@TalkinBaseball_) May 7, 2020
Who is @ChristianYelich giving credit to? 2016 Marlins hitting coach Barry Bonds. Bonds taught Yelich a drill that immediately changed his career. pic.twitter.com/p1j0IuGM40
- Alex Bregman is changing agencies because his current one has ties to LeBron James — whose company is producing the new docuseries about the Astros’ sign-stealing scandal.
- The Rays are going to start letting players come work out at the ballpark.
BREAKING: #Rays re-opening Trop on Monday for players to do limited, mostly individual, workouts. Story soon on @TB_Times— Marc Topkin (@TBTimes_Rays) May 20, 2020
- A tragic development for Seattle summer-lovers.
Another thing we probably saw coming, but now for real: Seafair 2020 is effectively canceled. pic.twitter.com/dL1grNCplu— alex halverson (@ByAlexHalverson) May 20, 2020
- Tony’s still got it.
Tony Hawk landing at 900 at 48 years old is probably cooler than him doing it for the first time. pic.twitter.com/Y7maSgNUPO— TronVin (@_TronVin_) May 19, 2020