Good morning everyone! I’m here to provide some links for you on this Wednesday.
In Mariners news...
- Steve Adams at MLB Trade Rumors revisits the Marco Gonzales trade, which was not viewed positively by Mariners fans at that time.
- Connor Byrne at MLB Trade Rumors also remembers the Chris Taylor trade, which I’d just as soon forget.
Around the league...
- Ken Rosenthal and Evan Drellich at The Athletic go inside the negotiations to revive baseball in 2020. ($)
- Justin Tinsley at The Undefeated wrote about the civil rights conflict that was waged between Malcolm X and Jackie Robinson.
- Brittany Ghiroli at The Athletic wrote about the importance of mental health for baseball players in the wake of COVID-19. ($)
- Meanwhile, Michael Baumann at The Ringer outlines the litany of issues with baseball’s latest reopening proposal.
- Chris Sale opened up about a whole host of topics, including his pitching mechanics and Alex Cora.
- Dan Szymborski at Fangraphs wonders who suffers the most if there is no season in 2020.
- I guess fans simply couldn’t wait to see what they look like.
The Washington #Nats announced that they will have a virtual World Series ring ceremony Sunday night, revealing what their championship rings look like since the players and staff still haven't received them yet.— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) May 19, 2020
- Félix Hernández says he wants to get to 200 wins and 3,000 strikeouts before he hangs ‘em up.
- The A’s are in some hot water after it was reported they missed a rent payment on their stadium.
- For all of you who are fascinated by team naming processes...
Seattle's NWSL team was set to be called the Sirens until a last-minute change to Reign. Here's the previously untold story on what happened:https://t.co/AmO98gDatc#NWSLBeginnings continues later today with the birth of the Thorns brand.— Jeff Kassouf (@JeffKassouf) May 19, 2020