Good morning everyone! Let’s get to today’s batch of links.
In Mariners news...
- The final episode of the Mariners documentary on YouTube will be dropping at some point today.
Around the league...
- What do you think the league should do?
It only took 10 years, but Armando Galarraga now says he wants MLB to overturn this and officially recognize his perfect game pic.twitter.com/wUsMu0k3Tp— Bad Sports Refs (@BadSportsRefs) May 13, 2020
- This question all stemmed from a recent piece by Cody Stavenhagen at The Athletic, where he looked at what Armando Galarraga is up to these days. ($)
- Craig Edwards at Fangraphs admonishes Major League Baseball for making the MLB Draft just five rounds this year.
- Well, that was sudden.
Universal DH proposed by MLB is expected to be easily approved by players, who long favored idea. It won’t impact finances in ‘20 but could boost pay for select few in ‘21 based on better stats. Teams helped: Dodgers (great depth), Nats (same), Brewers (Braun), Mets (Cespedes?)— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) May 13, 2020
- A jockeying match is forming between various cities who want an MLB franchise. A group in Nashville is filing for a logo trademark.
- Things aren’t great for employees with every team right now.
About 40 percent of #Marlins baseball operations employees will be furloughed June 1, sources tell The Athletic. Total expected to be between 90 and 100. Team paying employees through May, expects to cover health benefits of those furloughed through October. Evaluating monthly.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) May 13, 2020
- Blake Snell has expressed doubt over whether it’s even worth playing in 2020, a sentiment that may or may not be more wide spread in the game than we think.
- Snoop Dogg is living his best life in quarantine.