Good morning folks! We don’t have a ton of news today, but we’ve got some good stories that you should catch up on today.
In Mariners news...
- Corey Brock at The Athletic wrote about his favorite player, Mike Cameron. ($)
- I almost forgot EE was ever a Mariner.
On This Date In @Mariners History:— MarinersPR (@MarinersPR) April 8, 2020
2019: Edwin Encarnación (@Encadwin) cranked 2 home runs in the same inning, for the second time in his career (2013, TOR). He homered off KC's Homer Bailey and Kevin McCarthy in the 6th frame.
Watch here: https://t.co/bFg7mAHfSr pic.twitter.com/vatBUnFH4W
- Such a pure man.
Mallex Smith said he started Tiger King but couldn’t finish it because he’s not a fan of people gossiping or arguing and omg my heart go mariners @710ESPNSeattle— Lydia Cruz (@TheLydiaCruz) April 8, 2020
- Mariners hitting coach Tim Laker spoke to Greg Johns about how he’s keeping himself busy during quarantine and what M’s players impressed him in spring training.
Around the league...
- Larry Stone at The Seattle Times doesn’t think it’s a good idea to get games started in Arizona in May either.
- Korean baseball, on the other hand, could really be back in early May.
- Awful, awful news regarding the former Rangers star.
ICYMI-Former MLB player Josh Hamilton has been indicted on a felony charge for injury to a minor. He allegedly assaulted his daughter-hitting and scratching her.— Bernie Pleskoff (@BerniePleskoff) April 9, 2020
- If you need to flex your brain a little this morning...
- MLB Trade Rumors revisits the Robinson Canó-Edwin Díaz megadeal with the Mets and explains what exactly made it such a bad move for New York.
- Former Seattle-area basketball star Isaiah Thomas is donating over 1,000 meals to UW Medical Center staff.