Hello everyone! While we’re still presumably some time away from the season getting started, the league continues to hash out ideas on how they’ll play the game when it does resume. We’ve got all of that and more in today’s links.
In Mariners news...
- The new show is now underway.
- The Refuse to Abuse 5K is going virtual this year in the wake of coronavirus. Get involved!
- Well, you gotta stay social somehow.
The Mariners started a book club for players, coaches and staff. It meets about once a week with around 8-12 people on a zoom call— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) April 28, 2020
First book: "Chop Wood Carry Water: How to Fall in Love with the Process of Becoming Great" By Joshua Medcalf
Current book: "Legacy" by James Kerr
Around the league...
- Bob Nightengale breaks down the latest rumors about a season start time and what the season could look like when it does get going.
- Ken Rosenthal at The Athletic looks at the potential risks to getting a season started that MLB will have to consider. ($)
- Major League Baseball announced that fans will be getting refunds for missed games this year.
- This comes to little surprise, but the Hall of Fame ceremony will likely be postponed.
- Well, not all teams are keeping staff on the payroll in the wake of COVID-19.