Good morning everyone! Let’s get your day kicked off with some links.
In Mariners news...
- David Laruila at Fangraphs talked to Mariners minor leaguer Sam Delaplane, who looks to be on a fast-track to the big leagues.
- We got another round of indoor training tips, this time from Austin Adams.
- MLB Trade Rumors combs through all of the trades made by Jerry Dipoto with the Mariners.
Around the league...
- With the most recent social distancing restrictions, this should come as little surprise. Even if we’re playing baseball by this point, it’s doubtful the travel would be completely safe.
- In other news, this sure is interesting.
Major League Baseball is expected to allow scouts to contact amateur players again beginning next week, per multiple sources. MLB had prohibited that behavior back in mid-March.— R.J. Anderson (@r_j_anderson) April 1, 2020
- An awesome gesture by the former Mariner.
According to a report in Naver Sports, #TexasRangers OF/DH Shin Soo Choo will be donating 1K to each 190 minor league players in the org to help them get thru this difficult time. Not sure if donation is the right word, but the total giving comes out to 190k. #mlb— Daniel Kim 대니얼 김 (@DanielKimW) April 1, 2020
- The Ringer staff picks out 40 classic games from all kinds of sports that should be revisited in the wake of coronavirus distancing.
- Griffin Canning could be back sooner than expected.
Griffin Canning has been cleared to start a throwing progression, Angels GM Billy Eppler said. Canning could potentially be back on a mound by the end of April, depending on how he builds up on intensity and distance. He received a PRP injection in his right elbow on March 6.— Fabian Ardaya (@FabianArdaya) April 1, 2020