Good morning folks! Let’s start your day off with a fresh batch of links.
In Mariners news...
- Didn’t catch the Mariners’ Jackie Robinson Day roundtable? It’s available to watch now on YouTube!
Around the league...
- Bradford William Davis at the NY Daily News argues that Major League Baseball could best honor Jackie Robinson’s legacy by fighting poverty in the sport.
- Claire Smith at The Undefeated examines the seeming disappearance of the African American catcher.
- Dr. Anthony Fauci said that if sports were to return this summer, they’d likely have to be fan-free.
- What a fun little get-together.
the Nats watching game 7 of the World Series on a zoom chat and roasting the Astros is the therapy I needed. pic.twitter.com/UnM7KyZ6ri— Danny (@recordsANDradio) April 15, 2020
- Wright Thompson at ESPN wrote a longform piece about Clayton Kershaw, who went to Driveline in hopes of reviving his career. Now, his shot at redemption has to wait.
- What a wild photo.
Classic photo of Jackie Robinson caught in a rundown surrounded by 5 (five) Phillies. NOTE: He scored on this play. pic.twitter.com/XMk41OU3sz— Mark Armour (@MarkArmour04) April 15, 2020
- Oh...oh no.