Good morning everyone! Here are some links we’ve prepared to get your day started.
In Mariners news...
- The Athletic is taking a survey of the thoughts of Mariners fans. If you’re a subscriber, help them out and fill it out! ($)
- Ryan Divish examines how the M’s are approaching this draft.
Here's the second of two stories on the @Mariners and the MLB draft, including a look at the changes to their scouting for this process, including the reliance on video and analytics. Also a list of the top players that could be taken at No. 6https://t.co/ghSSUAwd5T— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) April 13, 2020
- Kyle is doing his part to help out in the community.
View this post on Instagram
Mariners fans! I am excited to announce that I have teamed up with @KeyBank to donate $10,000 to the Ronald McDonald House of Seattle! This is one of many awesome things we will be teaming up on this week to help our community through the COVID-19 crisis. Keep an eye out for future posts to see how we’re supporting you to get through this together! #Keybankassists Member FDIC
Around the league...
- This would be a great way to get baseball back on national TV here in America.
According to a report by Sports Chosun, #ESPN inquired about #KBO broadcasting rights. Talks are at preliminary stage and not anywhere close to an agreement yet. Stay tuned! pic.twitter.com/O2mP6VYfVA— Daniel Kim 대니얼 김 (@DanielKimW) April 13, 2020
- Meanwhile, Major League Baseball continues to try to get content out there.
MLB announces slate of original programming hosted on YouTube. Many of the shows will heavily focus on player personalities. pic.twitter.com/Em6q0gcuec— Nick Stellini (@StelliniTweets) April 13, 2020
- Craig Edwards at ESPN looks a the best and worst trades of every American League GM. ($)
- I mean, seems like a pretty good explanation to me.
- Dan Szymborski at Fangraphs projects league standings in a Cactus League/Grapefruit League format. The Mariners do not perform well.
- This is way more exciting than I expected it to be.
- Rest in peace, Tavaris.