Hello folks! As we get a new week underway, here are some links for the start of your day.
In Mariners news...
- Check out this Mariners prospect putting his pitch framing skills on display.
- This is so sweet. We miss you, Hisashi!
- Marco has a message for everyone.
.@MarcoGonzales_ is right. Our united efforts are slowing the spread of coronavirus. But that progress depends on all of us continuing to practice physical distancing.— Governor Jay Inslee (@GovInslee) April 12, 2020
Thanks for staying home, Marco, Monica and Louie. #WeGotThisWA @Mariners pic.twitter.com/QzjRuuUXJd
Around the league...
- Buster Olney at ESPN takes a look at what teams will be impacted the most by the financial fallout from COVID-19, noting that the Mariners are in decent shape with only three big contracts on the books. ($)
- Reports from Daniel Kim via South Korean news suggest ESPN has at least inquired about acquiring broadcasting rights for Korean Baseball Organization games, in hopes of possibly filling the gap.
- A reminder of just how long Jamie Moyer played.
When Jamie Moyer retired in 2012...— Jack Fritz (@JackFritzWIP) April 12, 2020
He had faced 9% of MLB hitters EVER.
- Re-experience the historic moment that produced many memes.
- Ben Clemens at Fangraphs wonders what a schedule would look like if games were played exclusively in Arizona and Florida.