Good morning folks and happy Monday! Here are some links to kick off your day.
In Mariners news...
- David Laurila at Fangraphs talked to Jarred Kelenic about his approach to hitting.
- Got some young baseball fans at home? Evan White has some tips.
Around the league...
- Joel Sherman at the New York Post wonders how a shortened season could impact some players’ Hall of Fame cases.
- Eric Chesterton dives deep into the vault to tell the story of the 1885 season, which produced two World Series champs.
- Jeff Passan spoke with a Red Sox scout stationed in Italy who is dealing with a complete lockdown in light of the COVID-19 crisis.
- A reminder that baseball being halted isn’t just about us.
An 11 year old wrote this letter to baseball. Try not to cry... pic.twitter.com/9fAyXzgi65— Coach Ballgame (@coachballgame) March 22, 2020
- Marlins Park is set to serve as a location for drive-thru Coronavirus testing.
- The Angels selected NRI LHP Ryan Buchter to their MLB roster, and DFA’d RHP Taylor Cole.
- If you’re really hankering for some quality baseball, the Lotte Giants of the Korean Baseball Organization will be live streaming their intra-squad scrimmages tonight, Wednesday, Friday, and next week. The Lotte roster includes a few familiar faces, including former Mariners Dae-Ho Lee and Adrian Sampson.
Get your calendars out - we, the Lotte Giants, will be broadcasting our team scrimmages on our YouTube channel (Giants TV) on 10:40 pm EST on the 23rd, 25th, and 27th, and a match between our first tram and second team on 10:00 pm EST on the 29th. pic.twitter.com/t311G6mP2B— Sung Min Kim (@sung_minkim) March 23, 2020
- This could very well be the beginning of the end for the 2020 Summer Olympics.