Hello everyone! I hope you’re all having a good start to your week. Here are some links to get your Tuesday going.
In Mariners news...
- Daniel Kramer of MLB has notes from the clubhouse, including Taijuan Walker debuting his new curveball, Julio Rodriguez taking time off with mild sickness, Dylan Moore nursing a sore calf, and Sam Haggerty suffering from a sore elbow.
- Alright Jarred.
- You can’t make this stuff up.
#Mariners reliever Taylor Guilbeau has debuted a new slider this spring with impressive results.— Lauren Smith (@smithlm12) March 9, 2020
Where did he find this third pitch to add to his already effective fastball-changeup combo? On Instagram.https://t.co/1R9dK6RtrQ
Around the league...
- A glimpse of what’s to come?
NPB to officially postpone the 2020 season in the wake of COVID-19 https://t.co/GhfxwasMaH— Kazuto Yamazaki (@Kazuto_Yamazaki) March 9, 2020
- As of now, things are scheduled as usual.
MLB is holding a 5pm cofnerence call with the 30 owners to discuss where matters stands with the coronavirus. As of NOW, MLB is still planning for the season to begin on time and fans in the crowd.— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) March 9, 2020
- However, there will be some restrictions.
Major League Baseball will join the NBA and NHL in closing clubhouses to media due to fear over potential spread of coronavirus, sources tell ESPN.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) March 9, 2020
- Ruh roh, Raggy.
Justin Verlander has a “mild lat strain,” general manager James Click said. He has been shut down.— Chandler Rome (@Chandler_Rome) March 9, 2020
- A-Rod...you don’t have to do this.
- We miss you, Reggie.
- Avert your eyes.
King Felix, Filthy Changeup. pic.twitter.com/TZkUnsQPZF— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) March 9, 2020
- Christian Yelich’s new contract has deferrals that will pay him through 2042.
- For now, all extension talks between Francisco Lindor and the Indians have been put on hold.
- OK, but this might be the best one.