Good morning folks! Here are some links to get your day started.
In Mariners news...
- In case you missed it, yesterday was the almighty “Truck Day.”
- The Mariners celebrated by extending Marco Gonzales, which we have coverage of here on the site.
- If this is your music, this is likely exciting:
- Prospects Live released their Top-100 prospects list, with six Mariners represented: Jarred Kelenic 6th, Julio Rodriguez 8th, Logan Gilbert 36th, Evan White 38th, Noelvi Marte 69th, and George Kirby 80th.
- Veteran scout Bernie Pleskoff released a fantasy-focused Top-40 prospect list for FantasyPros, ranking Jarred Kelenic No. 10 and Julio Rodriguez No. 20.
Around the league...
- We’ve been hearing since yesterday morning that a Mookie Betts trade was supposed to be “imminent.” However, we still have no updates at this time.
- Ben Clemens at Fangraphs tries to figure out how contending teams can improve heading into the season, starting with the infield.
- The Astros named the former Rays executive as their new general manager.
The Astros have hired James Click as their new general manager.— Jake Kaplan (@jakemkaplan) February 4, 2020
- Buster Olney of ESPN took a look at 10 ways the Angels have failed Mike Trout over the years.
- Per Bob Nightengale, OF Brandon Guyer has signed a minor league deal with the Giants.
- Mike Dunn calls it quits.
Veteran left-handed reliever Mike Dunn announces his retirement from baseball to spend time with his family. Dunn thanks those who helped him achieve his dream. pic.twitter.com/ncvplr0IuJ— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) February 4, 2020
- John Olerud was inducted into the Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame.
- Hello, thank you.
- Craig Custance at The Athletic tells the fascinating story of the Seattle NHL team’s name debate. ($)