Hello and happy Thursday! Let’s get to today’s news.
In Mariners news...
- Shannon Drayer spoke to Jake Fraley about his hopes for the season.
- Josh Norris at Baseball America went in depth on the Mariners’ “Gas Camp” and how it’s helped develop pitchers mentally and physically, including the best K/BB ratio in all of MiLB>
Around the league...
- ...yeah OK.
Mets OF Tim Tebow will play for Team Philippines in the World Baseball Classic Qualifiers. pic.twitter.com/HM6G4sASN2— WBC Baseball (@WBCBaseball) February 26, 2020
- The former Mariners prospect is getting paid.
RHP Freddy Peralta finalizing long-term extension with #Brewers, source tells The Athletic. Terms expected to be similar to deal that LH reliever Aaron Bummer recently signed twith #WhiteSox - five years, $16M, with two club options that could increase total value to $30.75M.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) February 26, 2020
- So this is definitely getting into their heads.
George Springer tried to shut the boobirds up by hitting the baseball real hard and real far.— Roger Cormier (@yayroger) February 26, 2020
He failed. pic.twitter.com/bwT4o7GsyC
- I see Mets Eddie is in midseason form.
Edwin Diaz needed 25 pitches to escape his spring debut. He allowed three hits, including two RBI doubles, but also hit 98 mph and struck out a batter.— Anthony DiComo (@AnthonyDiComo) February 26, 2020
- Major League Baseball is planning to bring down the hammer on foreign substances in baseball.
- You’ve got to be kidding me.
This might be an automatic H in H-O-R-S-E— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) February 25, 2020
(via @TristanJass) pic.twitter.com/fWSyMQacPv
- For all of you tennis fans: one of the greats hangs ‘em up.
After 28 years and five Grand Slams, @MariaSharapova is stepping away from tennis. Sharapova sat down exclusively with Vogue and @VanityFair to discuss her decision. https://t.co/KLUlFnMDAm— Vogue Magazine (@voguemagazine) February 26, 2020