Hello folks! Let’s get to today’s fresh batch of links.
In Mariners news...
- A tough Mariners update...
Some @Mariners prospect news: Dom Thompson-Williams, the toolsy OFer the M's got from the Yankees in the James Paxton deal, had surgery to repair a ruptured achilles. He will miss all of the 2020 season.— Jonathan Mayo (@JonathanMayo) February 24, 2020
- Corey Brock at The Athletic lists five names of under-the-radar Mariners prospects that you should know. ($)
- Yusei Kikuchi impressed in his first Cactus League outing due to changes that he made this offseason, notes Ryan Divish at The Seattle Times.
Around the league...
- Some wholesome content for you.
- In case you missed it, Keith Law at The Athletic rolled out his top 100 prospects for the 2020 season. ($)
- Levi Weaver at The Athletic tells the story of former Mariners outfielder James Jones, who is now emerging as a potential impact reliever for the Rangers. ($)
- The lawsuit of Astros fans who wanted their season tickets back following the news of the cheating scandal is getting messy, with Double-A Corpus Christi revoking the lawyer’s season tickets for representing the fans in the case.
- The Blue Jays have agreed to a deal with reliever Marc Rzepczynski.
- Another former Mariners arm also found a new home.
Source: The #WhiteSox have signed RHP Connor Sadzeck to a two-year minor league deal.— Casey Boguslaw (@caseyboguslaw) February 25, 2020
Sadzeck, formerly a member of the Rangers and Mariners, had Tommy John surgery (his second) this offseason and is likely to miss the entire 2020 season.
- The Boomstick is in midseason form.
Matthew Liberatore, Soul Stealing Curveball. pic.twitter.com/oO5PfbaBWn— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) February 24, 2020
- Lonnie Chisenhall has decided to retire.
- The sporting world always seems to line up in incredible ways.
So Sabrina Ionescu became the first NCAA player to hit 2k points, 1k rebounds, 1k assists on the same day where she spoke at the memorial service for Kobe & Gigi Bryant, her close friends.... all on 2/24/20 (Gigi’s, Kobe’s, & Sabrina’s numbers).— Alexa Philippou (@alexaphilippou) February 25, 2020
You couldn’t script it better.