Happy Super Bowl Sunday!! Tonight’s game between the Chiefs and Niners figures to be a good one. I personally, am rooting for the Niners (an unpopular opinion in Seahawk territory I am sure), solely out of spite of my Bears not drafting Patrick Mahomes. Now time for some links to look at during the commercials, halftime show or during the game!
In Mariners news...
- A new signing! Mexican Media has reported the signing or Manny Bañuelos, a southpaw pitcher who was most recently with the Chicago White Sox. In 2019 he was seen as an opener or out of the pen as a long reliever (starting eight times out of his 16 appearances). Likey a minor league deal, should he return to The Show with the Mariners in 2020 he will likely see most of his time out of the pen barring injuries to any starters.
Mexican media is reporting the Mariners have signed pitcher Manny Bañuelos to a contract. Bañuelos spent last season with the White Sox, making 16 appearances (8 starts). https://t.co/bRSFBzJ7aE— Rain Soaked Joe Veyera (@JoeVeyera) February 2, 2020
- Former LL’er Jake Mailhot looked into the Mariners signing of Yoshihisa Hirano and how he should help strengthen the bullpen with his elusive splitter and ability to draw soft contact.
- In his Sunday Notes, David Laurila at Fangraphs looks into our very own Jerry Dipoto and if he would ever consider dealing on of his most prized prospects. In an excerpt from the article:
“There are a couple of teams I have to give credit to for recognizing just how talented he is,” Dipoto told me. “Almost from the moment we signed Julio, knowing the propensity we’ve had for making trades, two teams that I won’t name probably called about him 50 times. They finally realized we’re not trading him.”
Any guesses on who these mystery GMs might be?
Around the league...
- After playing with the Rangers in 2019, Logan Forsythe will be heading into ST with the Rangers with a big league invite on a minor league deal.
Source: Logan Forsythe to the Phillies. Minor-league deal. Big-league invite.— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) February 2, 2020
- The Twins are in agreement with Jhoulys Chacin on a Minor League deal which figures to affect the teams interest on Taijuan Walker, keeping the door open for the Mariners to #BRINGHIMHOME
- New Era has released a new set of MLB team inspired hats and peoples reactions are varied:
Finally. New Era finally gives the people what they want. Beavis and Butt-Head Baseball hats. Wait no more, they are here. pic.twitter.com/udEw8colza— Jomboy (@Jomboy_) February 2, 2020
does the person who designed this hat dislike Kyle Seager personally, yes or yes? pic.twitter.com/8U1JtWqcDT— Meg Rowley (@megrowler) February 1, 2020
When the Angels miss the playoffs again pic.twitter.com/1lH2r48Ny2— D.J. Short (@djshort) February 2, 2020
- The Chiefs are expecting:
Chiefs secondary coach Dave Merritt, who won two Super Bowl rings with the Giants, showed his players his two “babies” and told them he now is pregnant and expecting a third, with rubies and diamonds. Chiefs DBs liked it so much they said they also are expecting their own babies.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 2, 2020
- Now a week after the death of Kobe Bryant, I thought I’d share an article put out during Kobe’s farewell tour that includes some of my favorite pictures of him.
From me and the rest of Lookout Landing, have a fun and safe Superbowl Sunday!