καλημέρα to all our Greek friends. It’ll be a brief links today, as these are straight from the phone.
In Mariners news...
- It appears the Mariners have made a couple minor league signings: veteran OF Collin Cowgill and RHP Cody Anderson.
There are lockers for outfielder Colin Cowgill and RHP Cody Anderson in the Mariners clubhouse. Anderson is supposedly taking his physical today.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) February 15, 2020
- Julio is hyped about one coach in particular.
One of the greatest experience that I have ever had in my life ‼️ when I was a kid, he was one of the guys that I looked up the most and now taking ground balls and BP from him it is just one of the greatest experience ever! I will always remember this day! Thanks Ichiro ♂️ https://t.co/IIx8sfvxaO— Julio Rodriguez (@J_RODshow) February 14, 2020
- Yu Darvish has some praise for the work Yusei Kikuchi has put in to streamline his mechanics.
去年のシーズン終わりからこの短期間でここまでテークバックを変えられるってマジですごい。— ダルビッシュ有(Yu Darvish) (@faridyu) February 14, 2020
Around the league...
- Several little league teams have ditched the Astros as their team nickname.
- Bartolo Colon is back! (In the Mexican League)
Sources: Veteran pitcher Bartolo Colon,46, has agreed to pitch in 2020 for @AcererosOficial, the Mexican League team in Monclova. The club also recently signed former big leaguer Rajai Davis. pic.twitter.com/QuSuqDKqKi— Jesse Sanchez (@JesseSanchezMLB) February 14, 2020
- Former Mariners reliever Parker Markel has cleared waivers.
- MLB announced increases to minor league pay, though they remain minimal.
Rookie/shortseason league runs from mid June to early September, 12 weeks if you are generous, making the total pay for a player in that league $4,800. that is for the year. For full season, let's say 22 weeks, giving full pay now as— Matt Winkelman (@Matt_Winkelman) February 14, 2020
A - $11,000
AA - $13,200
AAA - $15,400 https://t.co/tpO8L5dkUy
- Alex Rodriguez has emerged as a potential leader of a buying group for the Mets.
- Josh Hader lost his arbitration case.
Josh Hader has lost his arbitration case against the Brewers, per source. Hader will earn $4.1 million in 2020; he had filed for $6.4 million.— Mark Feinsand (@Feinsand) February 14, 2020
- Nationals catcher Kurt Suzuki claims the Astros were using whistles to continue cheating during the 2019 World Series.
- One-time M’s minor leaguer Seth Frankoff has a minor league deal after a stint in KBO.
#Padres signed RHP Seth Frankoff to a minor league contract with an invitation to Major League camp. Pitched past two seasons in Korea. One big-league appearance (Cubs, 2017) in 10-year pro career.— Kevin Acee (@sdutKevinAcee) February 14, 2020
- Blue Jays lefty Ryan Borucki has been shut down.
- Trevor Bauer spoke with The Athletic at length on the Astros organization, calling them “hypocrites and cheaters.”
- Cody Bellinger is ready to strip down to prove he’s not using a buzzer.
Cody Bellinger also stands with Gary Sánchez, who said his teammates could rip off his pants if he hit a walk-off like José Altuve did. Let’s go.— Pedro Moura (@pedromoura) February 14, 2020
- He had plenty to say on the Astros.
Bellinger: "I thought Manfred's punishment was weak, giving them immunity. I mean these guys were cheating for three years. I think what people don't realize is Altuve stole an MVP from Judge in '17. Everyone knows they stole the ring from us."— Jorge Castillo (@jorgecastillo) February 14, 2020
- Stephen Strasburg also had plenty of righteous fury.
- Brodie Van Wagenen fired back at former player Zack Wheeler claiming the Mets’ lack of interest in an extension was unsurprising.
BVW took exception to Wheeler’s rip of #Mets.— David Lennon (@DPLennon) February 14, 2020
“Our health & performance dept, our coaches, all contributed and helped him parlay 2 good half seasons over the last 5 yrs into $118M. So I’m proud of what our group was able to help him accomplish. I’m happy he was rewarded for it”