After widespread speculation that the Mookie Betts deal ultimately wouldn’t happen, the Dodgers, Red Sox, and Twins reshaped their deal and got it done. That, among other things, is what makes up today’s links.
In Mariners news...
- Well, it’s what many of you have been asking for: The Mariners reportedly have an offer out to Taijuan Walker.
Around the league...
- The saga is finally over. The Dodgers have acquired Mookie Betts and David Price from the Red Sox in exchange for Alex Verdugo and Jeter Downs, in addition to catching prospect Connor Wong.
- The Twins side of the exchange was completed too, with Kenta Maeda going to the Twin Cities for Brusdar Graterol and outfielder Luke Raley.
- But there’s one side of the deal that won’t be happening anymore, and it’s very strange that the Angels would have been the ones to opt out of this.
More on #Angels-#Dodgers, from sources: LAA’s Moreno grew impatient, pulled deal. Might have revived, but LAD saw it as unneccesary after other two trades changed. Outside chance gets revisited. Per @billplunkettoc, LAD needs to drop two from 40-man before trades become official.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) February 10, 2020
- Scott Soshnick wonders what happens to the Mets now that they’re back up for sale.
- For those of you that like looking way ahead, Eric Longenhagen at Fangraphs updates the MLB Draft rankings through 2022.
- For you Star Wars fans out there...I’m in love.