In Mariners News...
- The Mariners have claimed RHP Robert Dugger off waivers from Miami. In other roster moves, Ian Hamilton has been claimed off waivers by Philedelphia and Walker Lockett by Toronto, setting the Mariners 40-man roster at 38.
Around The League...
- Congrats to Adam Wainwright on winning this year’s Roberto Clemente Award! Benjamin Hochman at the St. Louis Post-Dispatch details the friendship between Wainwright and a longtime Cardinals fan, and speaks to how it embodies why he won the award.
- The White Sox, who have been in the market for a starting pitcher, have acquired Lance Lynn from the Rangers in exchange for Dane Dunning and LHP prospect Avery Weems.
- Hannah Keyser at Yahoo Sports goes in-depth into the process in which sports t-shirts gain popularity through iconic moments and games.
- The International Olympic Committee has officially announced the new sports that will be included in the 2024 Paris Olympics, and unfortunately, baseball will not be one of them. Instead, the four new sports will be surfing, skateboarding, rock climbing, and breakdancing.
- Standout KBO shortstop Ha-seong Kim has been formally posted by the Kiwoom Heroes, and he will have until Jan 1 to reach an agreement with an MLB team.
- Former Indians RHP Jared Robinson has agreed to a minor-league deal with the Mets. Robinson spent the past six season in the Indians farm system, and posted a 3.87 ERA with 325 strikeouts through 383.2 innings pitched.
- The Reds and Angels exchange relievers as Rasiel Iglesias is sent to LA for Noe Ramirez, a PTBNL, and cash.
- With no official decision made, MLB teams have been told to operate under the assumption that there will be no universal DH for the 2021 season.
- In an absolute beauty of a comeback, the Sounders 3-2 win over Minnesota United sends them to the MLS Cup Final for the fourth time in five years!