Good morning friends! Let’s check in on the sport of baseball on this Friday.
In Mariners news...
- The Mariners announced a handful of promotions within their baseball information department.
- Hmm...well OK!
- Larry Stone checked in with the Seattle-based owners of the Missoula Paddleheads amid the pandemic and possible contraction of their team.
Around the league...
- Sadly, we have some bad news regarding a former Mariners fan favorite.
Ex-Mariners slugger Dae-ho Lee is embroiled in controversy in his native South Korea, with questions surrounding his expenses as head of the KBO's players association. https://t.co/j44tfqjiML— Joe Veyera (@JoeVeyera) December 3, 2020
- Either this is merely a negotiating ploy for the Mets in their talks with J.T. Realmuto, or the Realmuto market is about to get pretty dry with the Mets and Phillies likely out.
Mets in active talks with free-agent catcher James McCann, according to league sources. A deal is not yet close, but it is looking increasingly likely he will land a four-year deal.— Robert Murray (@ByRobertMurray) December 3, 2020
- Well, there’s one satisfied customer in Queens.
when Trevor May was in New York getting his physical, he stopped by a sandwich shop in Queens. he bit into a chicken cutlet sandwich and said he realized "this is where I was meant to be."— Bradford William Davis (@_beewilly) December 3, 2020
- Cleveland may be going through a name change pretty soon.
Antonetti said Cleveland baseball team still working through process of a possible name change.— Tom Withers (@twithersAP) December 3, 2020
- The Staten Island Yankees are filing a lawsuit against the New York Yankees and Major League Baseball after being released from affiliation.
- The Red Sox and Rockies completed a minor transaction.
Red Sox swing a small trade, sending LHP Yoan Aybar to the Rockies for INF Christian Koss.— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) December 3, 2020
- Ben Clemens at Fangraphs analyzed the José Iglesias signing for the Angels.
- An incredibly satisfying watch.