Good morning everybody! We’ve officially hit the point in the offseason where things should take a break until we hit 2021. Here’s some of the latest that you need to know as you get your day started.
In Mariners news...
- After making his MLB debut in 2020, Ljay Newsome continues to refine his game.
- Our very own Michael Ajeto released a new episode of his Mariners-focused podcast with Andy Patton, touching on the bullpen additions and a host of other relevant topics.
Around the league...
- A highly sought-after free agent target lands with the Goliath of the sport.
The Dodgers have signed reliever Tommy Kahnle to a two-year deal as @Ken_Rosenthal first reported. Kahnle underwent Tommy John surgery in August so there's a chance he doesn't pitch in 2021.— Jorge Castillo (@jorgecastillo) December 23, 2020
- An A’s fan is getting the inside edge on new-age pitching stats, outpacing even many MLB teams.
- The rebuilding Tigers have agreed to a deal with right-hander José Ureña.
- Tony Wolfe at Fangraphs wonders what the Blue Jays will do at catcher.