In Mariners News...
- Check out Mariners’ Manager of Data Strategy Skylar Shibayama on the eZcZ Stat Network podcast:
What an amazing interview with Skylar Shibayama, Manager of Data Strategy for the Seattle Mariners.— eZcZ Stat Network (@eZcZStatNetwork) December 18, 2020
Make sure to subscribe and share.#data #rstats #statistics #datascience #mlb #mariners #seattlehttps://t.co/RAWqf5LFgq
- Huge contracts to Emily Nemens on her contribution to the Baseball Prospectus Annual! Make sure to check her out on the podcast and read her Mariners essay when BP’s 2021 edition is out.
We are so excited to see friend of the site @EmilyNemens wrote the Mariners essay this year! Order the BP Annual (a great gift!) and also check out Emily’s book The Cactus League, if you haven’t. You can hear more from Emily on the pod she guested on: https://t.co/FwxKwwxlQJ https://t.co/HhlXn1HYnH— Lookout Landing (@LookoutLanding) December 22, 2020
- Greg Johns at MLB.com takes a look into the lesser-known story of the man who came up with the Mariners’ team name, and the mystery that surrounds his submission.
Around The League...
- After 15 MLB seasons and fresh off of a 2019 World Series win, Howie Kendrick has announced his retirement. Congrats on an outstanding career!
- The Nationals have signed RHP Javy Guerra and catcher Welington Castillo to minor league deals with an invitation to spring training included.
- After missing the 2020 season due to Tommy John surgery, RHP John Brebbia has agreed to a one-year/$800,000 deal with the Giants.
- Infielder Matt Duffy has signed a minor league deal with the Cubs, which includes a $1 million major league salary and up to $50,000 in incentives.
- In KBO news, Roberto Ramos is returning to the LG Twins on a one-year/$1 million deal including a signing bonus and incentives.
- Although those of us in the PNW unfortunately missed out on the Jupiter-Saturn conjunction due to the clouds, I’ve seen some pretty incredible pictures from last night such as this one: