On this, the second to last Sunday of 2020, let us all come together for a morning of going hogwild on the internet. There are simply way too many things to click and consume for me to engage in any self-reflection about things that have happened this year. The San Francisco Giants signed a starting pitcher and you’re telling me to spread holiday cheer to those who need it most?!?! I will never do that.
In Mariners News...
- Julio Rodríguez welcomed Kaden Polcovich, the team’s third-round pick in the 2020 draft, to his YouTube show.
- Marco Gonzales was less than pleased with the league’s eastern bent in picking Sunday Night Baseball matchups.
1 team from the AL west?? There are great teams in this league that get snubbed every single year. Rays, among others, should be PISSED. https://t.co/Q6EVxxoHLf— Marco Gonzales (@MarcoGonzales_) December 19, 2020
- Joe Bohringer, one of the Mariners’ assistant general managers, announced that he is resigning from his position. According to the article, Bohringer will remain with the M’s until the end of the year “to help guide in the transition” to a new hire.
- Braden Bishop got a seat at Hec Ed!
- Show yourself, jackhole.
Hey, hey. I’M BACK! Six weeks after some jackhole hacked me, Twitter finally has returned control of my account to me. It’s been extremely frustrating, so thanks to those of you still following. Your loyalty and patience is appreciated.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) December 19, 2020
Around the League...
- It’s encouraging to see MLB market one of its star’s vivacious personalities like this, especially in their native language.
- Earlier this week there was news that the Nationals were peering over Cincinnati’s fence and imagining what Eugenio Suárez would look like in their yard. Now reports have emerged that Washington is also interested in free agent J.T. Realmuto.
The Nats have interest in J.T. Realmuto. But it will come down to whether the Lerners approve the expenditure. Their payroll has been relatively high but they have their limits. @Britt_Ghiroli on this— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) December 19, 2020
- The Giants have added Anthony DeSclafani, who put up a 3.89 ERA and 2.4 fWAR the last time we played a full season.
- Keith McPherson is a fan of the Yankees (a famously rich baseball company). He put out a rap imploring the team (who famously loves to spend money) to pay DJ LeMahieu (famously their best player for the last two seasons). What a concept.
- The Padres signed a pitcher who appeared in 27 combined games for the Mariners’ Double-A and Triple-A teams in 2019.
- Look at God.
John Daly an absolute vision on the course today pic.twitter.com/qgrf2ZlDaF— Dylan Dethier (@dylan_dethier) December 18, 2020
- This cover of Radiohead’s “Weird Fishes” by Lianne La Havas somehow both puts me at ease and makes me physically enlivened.