Hello and happy Wednesday! Here are some links to get your day going.
In Mariners news...
- Levi Weaver at The Athletic wrote about Rafael Montero’s emergence in the Rangers’ bullpen a few months ago. ($)
Around the league...
- Bob Nightengale reports that delaying the start of the season will be yet another point of contention between the owners and the players.
- These players just got more expensive for their teams (including J.P.)
2 #Mets are Super 2 eligible: J.D. Davis/Dom Smith. #Braves have 4 eligible Ps: Fried, Minter, Newcomb, Soroka. Others: Carson Kelly, Anthony Santander, Adam Cimber, Yonny Chirinos, Ryan Yarbrough, Walker Buehler, Brandon Woodruff, Lou Trivino, Jacob Stallings, J.P. Crawford— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) December 15, 2020
- A former Mariner returns to an old team.
The Yankees have signed RHP Adam Warren to a minor-league deal, source says. He’ll be ready to go right out of the gate. Had Tommy John surgery in September 2019.— Brendan Kuty (@BrendanKutyNJ) December 15, 2020
- Jared Diamond at The Wall Street Journal discussed the St. Paul Saints and their arrival to affiliated baseball.
- Scott Boras has emerged from his hibernation.
You may have noticed that we're still not sure if the universal DH will be back in 2021. Scott Boras has noticed, too: "Maybe in the commissioner's office, the DH may stand for dragging their heels," he says.— Tyler Kepner (@TylerKepner) December 15, 2020
- Craig Edwards at Fangraphs makes some pretty drastic suggestions that he thinks will improve the sport.
- Omar Vizquel has been accused of domestic abuse by his wife. Major League Baseball is investigating the matter.
- Despite the decline of Buster Posey and the rise of top prospect Joey Bart, the former will remain the starting catcher on the rebuilding Giants’ roster.
- David Schoenfield at ESPN tries to find a landing spot for Blake Snell should the Rays choose to deal him. ($)
- Here’s a pallet cleanser for you.