Good morning everyone! Let’s start your Thursday off with some links.
In Mariners news...
- Ryan Divish at The Seattle Times digs into a potential Blake Snell trade and how the cost could bite the Mariners in the end.
Around the league...
- Yesterday was a big day for Minor League Baseball, in which every team was informed of their fate for 2021. For a list of all of the MLB affiliates going forward, check the link.
- And the full list of the teams who did not make the cut...
- With the Rule 5 Draft scheduled today, R.J. Anderson breaks down the available players in the draft.
- Reports indicate the Yankees have been in talks with the Pirates regarding starter Jameson Taillon and first baseman Josh Bell.
- The Mets are in talks with top free agent outfielder George Springer.
- The market is heating up for one of the top free agent backstops.
Source confirms Angels remain in mix for free-agent C James McCann, as @ByRobertMurray and @JonHeyman said. Ball still appears to be in Mets’ court. Unless McCann takes less to return to SoCal, Angels would be spending ~$10M per year on catcher when they have vast pitching needs.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 9, 2020
- In the wake of Dick Allen’s death, Stephanie Apstein at Sports Illustrated says the MLB Hall of Fame needs to take better care to honor deserving players before they pass away.
- Mike Petriello examines some recent MLB pitchers who deserve a longer look at Hall of Fame inclusion.
- One of Korea’s top players hits the free agent market.
OF Sung-Bum Na has been officially posted by the NC Dinos. 6 time All-Star. 2 time Gold Glove winner. Lifetime .317/.384/.542 hitter.— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) December 10, 2020
- Ben Clemens at Fangraphs takes stock of the Royals now that the team has brought Carlos Santana aboard.