Good morning everyone! Here’s the latest from around the sport of baseball.
In Mariners news...
- A handful of minor league free agents agreed to terms with the M’s.
We have agreed to terms on minor league contracts with the following players.— Mariners Player Development (@MsPlayerDev) November 4, 2020
RHP Nick Duron
RHP Moises Gomez
OF Luis Liberato
OF Connor Lien
LHP Ian McKinney
RHP Vinny Nittoli
C Brian O’Keefe pic.twitter.com/5TLIvTG8Id
- Have a day, Joe Rizzo!
Solid game all around as #Mariners defeated the Padres 7-4 in Fall League action today. 1B Joe Rizzo with a productive day going 4-for-4 with 2 homers & 2 doubles. DH Cal Raleigh also homered & chipped in 2 hits. RH Tim Elliott allowed 2 hits & struck out 7 in 3.0 innings. pic.twitter.com/8VjXnBLTEi— Mariners PR (@MarinersPR) November 5, 2020
Around the league...
- This is really neat! The kind of marketing that baseball needs going forward.
Catch real life baseball MVP, @Cody_Bellinger , in Assassins Creed Valhalla as Otta Sluggasson a Dane with a knack for hitting rocks very, very far.— Assassin's Creed (@assassinscreed) November 4, 2020
- Leonys Martīn, continuing to thrive overseas.
Source: Leonys Martin agreed 2 years, $6 million extension with Chiba Lotte Marines of Japan.— Enrique Rojas/ESPN (@Enrique_Rojas1) November 4, 2020
Fuente: Cubano Leonys Martin firmó extensión de dos años y $6 millones de dólares con Chiba Lotte Marines de pelota de Japón.
- Jeff Passan at ESPN previews the upcoming offseason by answering a bunch of questions from around the sport.
- Not every team approved the sale of the Mets to Steve Cohen. SNY has the details.
- Speaking of the Mets, former Mariner Mallex Smith has found a new home in Flushing.
- I would be stunned if no punishment was handed down to Justin Turner.
MLB and the Players Association are moving closer to a resolution on Justin Turner, sources tell The Athletic. Potential discipline aside, these questions remain: Is Turner experiencing symptoms? How did Turner become infected inside a supposedly secure bubble? 1/2— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) November 5, 2020