Good morning everybody! Let’s get you the latest from around the world of sports on this Wednesday.
In Mariners news...
- We’ve got another fall box score for you to dissect.
#Mariners pick up a 7-4 win over the Rangers in Fall League action this afternoon. SS Noelvi Marte chipped in another 2 hits, while 3B Milkar Perez homered to lead the team. RH Wyatt Mills struck out 2 in a 1-2-3 inning to close out the game. pic.twitter.com/XtRwqVFrkw— Mariners PR (@MarinersPR) November 4, 2020
Around the league...
- Former Angels employee Eric Kay will have his trial in the Tyler Skaggs case on December 14.
- Not every rookie who impressed last year will lose their rookie eligibility for next season. The crop that is retaining their status looks pretty good, too.
- On the heels of a very unusual baseball season, the next couple of years look to be filled with uncertainty too. From the pandemic to labor disputes, Peter Gammons at The Athletic sets the stage for what could be a strange few years in baseball history. ($)
- Awesome to see the Marlins helping out yesterday!
- Congratulations to this former Mariner — who was never really known for his defensive prowess — on winning a Gold Glove!