Good morning everyone and happy Veterans Day! As we honor those who have served, here are some links to kick off your day.
In Mariners news...
- Prospects Live dropped its rankings of the top M’s prospects for 2021.
- The Mariners continue to bolster their minor league ranks.
We have agreed to terms on minor league contracts with the following players.— Mariners Player Development (@MsPlayerDev) November 10, 2020
C José Godoy
INF Josh Morgan
RHP Drew Steckenrider pic.twitter.com/KhFANN79Aj
- It’s great to see Shed getting back to work!
- This would be absolutely wild if true.
#Mariners GM Jerry Dipoto on Justus Sheffield not getting a single vote in the Rookie of the Year race: "For the life of me, the only thing I can think of is that the voters forgot he was a rookie."— Brent Stecker (@BrentStecker) November 10, 2020
(Which honestly seems possible because he debuted in September 2018 with NYY)
- A tie? I won’t stand for this!
#Mariners and Rangers end in a 2-2 tie in today's Player Development Fall League game. C Carter Bins and 1B Jake Anchia each recorded 2 hits. RH Luis Curvelo retired all 6 batters faced, including striking out 3, over 2.0 innings in relief. pic.twitter.com/Wjr2vMGVup— Mariners PR (@MarinersPR) November 11, 2020
Around the league...
- Baseball Prospectus gave out its Annual Vogelsong Awards, honoring our very own Dylan Moore. ($)
- This is likely going to be a problem all winter for Chicago if they hang onto La Russa.
Marcus Stroman, one of the top free-agent starting pitchers, seemingly rules out signing with the White Sox this winter if Tony La Russa remains the manager. https://t.co/tKBJrysqh8— Robert Murray (@ByRobertMurray) November 10, 2020
- ESPN obtained records relating to Tony La Russa’s recent DUI charge, and they’re even worse than initially thought.
- The difference between Cohen and the Wilpons is night and day.
New Mets owner Steve Cohen on just how hands-on he'll be with baseball operations: “I played Little League once. That’s about it. I’m gonna let the professionals, Sandy and the people we bring in, let them run baseball.”— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) November 10, 2020
- Well, I suppose organizational communication could still stand to improve.
Did.....did we just get dumped via Twitter?! https://t.co/tV7iyVOwA3— Columbia Fireflies (@ColaFireflies) November 10, 2020
- Despite all of the changes at the top of the totem pole in Flushing, they’re likely to retain skipper Luis Rojas heading into 2021.
- Former Giants (and Mariners) outfielder Mac Williamson is suing Oracle Park over a concussion he says ended his career.
- The Athletic released their too-early team power rankings for the 2021 season. ($)
- Justin, no!
The Angels are down to five finalists for their GM opening and could decide by the end of the week, sources tell The Athletic. Four of the finalists are Cubs senior VP Jason McLeod, DBacks assistant GMs Jared Porter and Amiel Sawdaye and Mariners assistant GM Justin Hollander.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) November 11, 2020