In Playoff News...
- The Astros’ offense showed up and showed the A’s out as they take Game 1 of the ALDS with a 10-5 win.
- In a high-scoring game of their own, the Yankees top the Rays 9-3 in Game 1 of their ALDS matchup.
- Yankees rookie Deivi Garcia will start ALDS Game 2, making history as the youngest pitcher to make a postseason start for the Yankees.
In Mariners News...
- Sign up to donate blood at T-Mobile Park’s pop-up donation center and show up in your Mariners gear to receive a Kyle Seager bobblehead.
Give blood, save lives, AND get a Kyle Seager Bobblehead! Sign up at the @tmobilepark Pop-Up Donor Center! Wear your @mariners gear to your donation with us. Spots limited, sign up today! #Together4SEA— Bloodworks Northwest (@BloodworksNW) October 5, 2020
Around The League...
- The Phillies announced that first baseman Rhys Hoskins has had successful Tommy John surgery to repair a left elbow injury and will be out for four to six months.
- Check out ESPN’s guide to the postseason’s not-so-home turf.
- The Supreme Court has denied MLB’s request to dismiss a lawsuit filed on behalf of minor league players regarding increased salaries.
- Make sure to look up at the night sky this week as Mars will make its closest approach to Earth until 2035!