In playoff news...
- So the AL and NL Central.... didn’t really show up. Matt Snyder looks at the historic futility of the divisions most endowed with playoff berths.
- Josh Reddick remains a well formed heel with a lack of repentance for himself and his team’s massive cheating scandal.
Josh Reddick on the #Dodgers fans who jeered the #Astros as their bus pulled into Dodger Stadium last month: "I thought there would be more. I was kind of disappointed. There wasn't enough out there."— Dylan Hernandez (@dylanohernandez) October 3, 2020
- Check out the playoff schedule for this week as the divisional round kicks off.
In Mariners news...
- Greg Johns addresses the biggest questions facing the Mariners heading into the offseason.
- Check out Kyle Lewis’ highlight reel from the 2020 season.
Around the league...
- Cleveland has had a rough week after getting bounced from the playoffs and seeing their star shortstop not shy away from skepticism that his billion-dollar employers would be unable to match his contract interests.
- Aaron Judge talks about the motivation he carries through the postseason:
#Yankees slugger Aaron Judge, when asked if he ever thinks about early postseason exits without a WS title: "I think about it every day to be honest. I don’t think I'll ever let it go until we get an opportunity to win a championship. That’s something fuels me. I hate losing.''— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) October 4, 2020
- It’s unclear how many pitches Walker Beuhler will throw in his first start of the NLDS due to finger blisters.
- 13-year veteran backstop Francisco Cervelli has announced his retirement.
- Former pitching coach and Dodgers reliever Ron Perranoski passed away.
- The Phillies have moved on from longtime general manager Matt Klentak.
- The Mets are expected to add to their analytics department heavily.
- Theo Epstein’s future in Chicago is in serious doubt.