Good morning everyone and Happy Halloween! However you’re choosing to celebrate — like by doing nothing, for instance, like me — let’s get you the latest from around baseball on this Saturday.
In Mariners news...
- Here are some stats from yesterday’s game for you to peruse.
Around the league...
- Bring him home!
The #Rays decline the $15 million option on veteran starter Charlie Morton, who was scheduled to pitch Game 7, and the $4.5 million option on catcher Mike Zunino. They become free agents.— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) October 30, 2020
- While you’re at it, bring him home too!
Hearing that Royals left-hander Mike Montgomery and right-hander Kevin McCarthy have opted for free-agency. They were arbitration eligible.— Jeffrey Flanagan (@FlannyMLB) October 30, 2020
- The Mets officially have a new owner, and several Mets fans I know called yesterday the greatest day of the quarantine era so far.
MLB owners have voted to approve Steve Cohen as the new owner of the New York Mets, a source familiar with the vote tells ESPN.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) October 30, 2020
- Given the state of things in the world, this should come as little surprise: Major League Baseball has decided to cancel the Winter Meetings.
- Congratulations to these two incredible women!