Good morning folks! The World Series is over and the offseason has officially begun. It’s going to be a long winter, so buckle up. Let’s get your day started with some links.
In playoff news...
- A controversial pitching decision by the Rays allowed the Dodgers to pull ahead late in the game, clinching Los Angeles’ first World Series title in over 30 years.
In Mariners news...
- Corey Brock at The Athletic dives into the Mariners’ decision to promote Trent Black to bullpen coach. ($)
- Jonathan Mayo provides a report on the happenings at M’s fall instructionals.
- Scott Servais poured effusive praise on Julio Rodríguez and what the outfielder is doing this fall.
- An under-the-radar signing for Seattle.
Mariners have re-signed OF Connor Lien to a minor league contract. Seattle signed Lien last offseason but he didn’t get a chance to play in the minor league season. https://t.co/KBFYprdzXZ— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) October 27, 2020
Around the league...
- The band might be breaking up in Houston.
Bad #Astros rumors: hearing George Springer does not want to return to the Astros. Owner had said before season re-signing him was top priority, but nothing ever materialized. Would be huge loss for Houston. top offensive bat/strong defender at premium position. Best FA Bat IMO— Patrick Creighton (@PCreighton1) October 27, 2020
- Ben Reiter, the author of Astroball, considers what the Astros’ cheating scandal may have meant for the sport.
- Scott Boras says that James Paxton is ready to go for 2021.
- Justin Turner drew a lot of criticism yesterday after he was pulled from the game for testing positive for COVID, but was then seen celebrating with his teammates after the game without a mask on.