In Playoff News...
- Kershaw’s pitching dominance leads the Dodgers to within one game of the World Series title as they take a 3-2 series lead over Tampa Bay.
- Some stats on Manuel Margot’s attempt to steal home:
Manuel Margot was the first player who tried to steal home in a World Series game since 2002.— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) October 26, 2020
It is the first time a player was caught stealing home in a World Series game since 1991. pic.twitter.com/hQrIZ1n34h
- Rays’ OF Brett Phillips reportedly had an elevated heart rate and got an IV after his clutch hit in Game 4 that tied the series at 2-2.
- Because we still aren’t over the ending of Saturday night’s game, check out Sports Illustrated’s seven steps to writing a perfect ending to a baseball game.
In Mariners News...
- Ryan Divish at The Seattle Times informs us on where to find updates for the Mariners’ fall instructional league.
Around The League...
- The universal DH is reportedly set to disappear after the 2020 season but could make a return the following season as the collective-bargaining agreement ends after 2021.
- Former MLB pitcher Dan Straily discusses his successful first season in the KBO.
- Corey Seidman at NBC Sports makes a compelling case for why Phillies reliever Hector Neris should receive a contract extension.
- Diamondbacks RHP Artie Lewicki has been released by the team and is in negotiations with SK Wyverns of the KBO.