Good morning everyone! Let’s get you the latest from around the world of baseball.
In playoff news...
- Behind their ace Walker Buehler, the Dodgers dispatched the Rays fairly easily last night to take a 2-1 lead in the World Series.
In Mariners news...
- Corey Brock at The Athletic takes us behind the scenes at the M’s fall developmental league to get details on the growth of some of the team’s top prospects. ($)
- Even prospects that weren’t invited to Arizona are keeping up their workout schedules as we head towards the offseason.
Here’s the Mariners’ live-armed prospect Juan Burgos getting in some work at home in the DR. Burgos had 42 Ks in 42 IP in his DSL debut. https://t.co/Vkkx4QVJRK— Lookout Landing (@LookoutLanding) October 23, 2020
- The roster shuffling continues for Seattle, with two more players being removed from the 40-man roster.
#Mariners roster moves:— Mariners PR (@MarinersPR) October 23, 2020
· Taylor Guilbeau, LHP, claimed off waivers by Arizona.
· Gerson Bautista, RHP, cleared waivers, outrighted to Triple-A Tacoma.
Read: https://t.co/UI8iMzUubT pic.twitter.com/w4rOnTlEs3
Around the league...
- So let me get this straight: Not only is he a top-5 baseball player in the world and one of the world’s best bowlers, but he can also shake cornerbacks off him like it’s nothing and throw down monster dunks.
Mookie Betts is a pure athlete pic.twitter.com/qnafoc5kPZ— Baseball Central™ (@BaseballCentraI) October 22, 2020
- Speaking of Betts, Tim Brown at Yahoo! Sports chronicled the longtime friendship between the outfielder and Rays shortstop Willy Adames.
- Yadier Molina was upset that he did not end up as a finalist for Gold Glove at catcher this year, claiming that the league was conspiring against him in order to keep him from Johnny Bench’s record.
- Molina wasn’t the only player who publicly voiced his disappointment. Outfielder Kevin Kiermaier of the Rays said he was “upset” that he wasn’t a finalist for the award.
- Troublingly, scouting cuts are continuing around baseball. The Phillies are the latest organization to announce a round of layoffs due to the financial fallout from the COVID-19 pandemic.