In Playoff News...
- Clayton Kershaw and Tyler Glasnow will get the start for Game 1 of the World Series, which starts tonight at 5:00 PM PST. Who’s your pick to win the first game?
- Bill Dwyre at Yahoo Sports recalls the last time LA teams won both the NBA and MLB titles in the same year.
- MLB playoff baseball is coming to India!
Great news for baseball's global growth: @MLB and @StarSportsIndia announced a broadcast agreement "to air every game of the 2020 and 2021 #WorldSeries live across India." The multiyear deal also includes regular season games in 2021. @MLBNetwork— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) October 19, 2020
In Mariners News...
- The Mariners’ offseason begins with a series of roster moves: Joe Odom, Joe Hudson, Seth Frankoff and Brady Lail have all been outright to Triple-A Tacoma. Hudson and Lail have elected to become free agents, and the Mariners’ 40-man roster now sits at 34.
- Congrats to former Mariner Hisashi Iwakuma on his retirement, and thank you for your time with the Mariners! Corey Brock at The Athletic takes a look back at Iwakuma’s most memorable moments with Seattle. ($)
- Mariners prospects Julio Rodriguez and Taylor Trammell are crushing it in the Fall Developmental League.
Around The League...
- There’s speculation that Rays top prospect, 19-year old Wander Franco has been called up by the team after he posted this on his Instagram last night:
No. 1 MLB prospect Wander Franco just posted this on his IG— Bleacher Report MLB (@BR_MLB) October 19, 2020
(via w_franco_4/IG) pic.twitter.com/Yz1FZCd5mN
- Richard Wang, who calls MLB games in Mandarin for Fox Sports Taiwan, describes his unusual season and where his broadcasting journey has taken him.
- Check out this New York Times article about how a group chat for all the women working in MLB helped provide support for them during the season.
- MLB has partnered with T-Mobile to mount cameras on players’ and coaches’ hats for a new view during batting practice.