Happy Saturday everyone! We’ve got a day off from baseball today before the ALCS begins tomorrow. So here are some links to get you through your day.
In playoff news...
- A late-game homer by Mike Brosseau propelled the Rays to a series-clinching victory over the Yankees.
In Mariners news...
- We’ve got some news from the fall league!
Today was the first game for the Mariners prospects at the fall league. They lost to the Padres 4-3 but Cal Raleigh had a Beef Boy Bomb and this guy right here drove in a run https://t.co/sQJpXk6iuF— Lookout Landing (@LookoutLanding) October 10, 2020
Around the league...
- Your audience participation prompt for the day. Mine is Jesse Oban.
Your Rays bullpen name is the first name of your eldest cousin and the northernmost city you've visited. I'm Dennis Bismarck.— Ted Berg (@OGTedBerg) October 10, 2020
- Rest in peace, Whitey.
The Yankees are incredibly saddened to learn of the passing of Hall of Famer Whitey Ford. Whitey spent his entire 16-year career as a Yankee. A 6x WS Champion and 10x All-Star, The Chairman of the Board was one of the best lefties to ever toe the rubber. He will be deeply missed. pic.twitter.com/2KDi4V9SeA— New York Yankees (@Yankees) October 9, 2020
- James Ham wonders where the A’s will go from here after failing to advance past the ALDS.
- Baseball America released its latest mock draft, which, no surprise, has Kumar Rocker going first overall. ($)
- In some local baseball news, the University of Washington men’s basketball team is facing probation and is forced to vacate its 2018 College World Series wins due to a recruiting violation.
- Oh how the mighty have fallen.
Aroldis Chapman is the first reliever in MLB history to record a loss in an elimination game in back-to-back seasons— Sportsnet Stats (@SNstats) October 10, 2020
- Jay Jaffe at Fangraphs tries to fix the Dodgers closing situation in light of Kenley Jansen’s struggles.
- Yeah, that’s...bad.