It’s just another Tuesday in the offseason.
In Mariners news...
- Here’s some evidence of a Mariners prospect doing athletic things in the offseason.
Adam Macko, welcome to #TeamOHMY @Mariners prospect putting in work this offseason pic.twitter.com/dAsyfvo51E— OHMY (@OHMY_Apparel) January 6, 2020
Around the league...
- The Nationals continue to add pieces to their roster.
First baseman Eric Thames and the Washington Nationals are in agreement on a one-year, $4 million contract, a source familiar with the deal tells ESPN. First with the agreement was @Britt_Ghiroli and the money @Feinsand.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) January 6, 2020
Nationals just keep adding in their effort to repeat.
Reliever Daniel Hudson and the Washington Nationals are finalizing a two-year deal, sources familiar with the agreement tell ESPN.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) January 6, 2020
Today, the Angels acquired RHP Kyle Keller from the Marlins in exchange for C Jose Estrada. To make room on the 40-man roster, the Club designated RHP Jake Jewell for assignment.— Angels PR (@LAAngelsPR) January 6, 2020
- The Orioles have their new shortstop.
SS Jose Iglesias has agreed to a one-year, $3 million deal with the Orioles, per source. Deal includes a 2021 club option that would make the deal worth $6 million over two years.— Mark Feinsand (@Feinsand) January 6, 2020
- Some context on just how quiet of a winter this has been for the M’s.
Free agent spending* stragglers this winter:— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) January 6, 2020
Red Sox: $9M
* Counts major league contracts, not split deals
- Jonathan Mayo reports on this year’s participants in the Rookie Career Development Program. The M’s are sending Julio Rodriguez, Logan Gilbert, Kyle Lewis, and Evan White.
- The Nicholas Castellanos sweepstakes is starting to wind down, and the Rangers continue to be strongly linked to the free agent outfielder.