In Mariners News...
- The Mariners have signed 16 year old catcher Yoander Rojas out of Venezuela.
View this post on Instagram
The Seattle Mariners signed Yoander Rojas (@yoander_oficialelcumanes41) at 16 years old out of Venezuela. Offensive-oriented, switch-hitting catcher who will start his pro career this year in the Dominican Summer League. Full detailed scouting reports on nearly 300 international signings are up now at BaseballAmerica.com members. I appreciate the support you guys give us all year to make these possible
- How cool is this?!
I can’t stop watching Ken Griffey Jr., Deion Sanders, Barry Bonds, Chris Carter, Mike Conley and @michaelirvin88 compete in a 1992 Slam Dunk contest pic.twitter.com/VUqSbe54C2— Tim Reilly (@LifeOfTimReilly) January 3, 2020
Around The League...
- The Padres have re-signed reliever Craig Stammen to a three-year/$12 million contract.
Uh, it’s The Athletic. Deal also includes $500K per season in incentives. https://t.co/0bXGBH3lrW— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 4, 2020
- The Marlins have signed switch-pitcher Pat Venditte to a minor league deal.
Marlins To Sign Pat Venditte https://t.co/g2XPB7yY7o pic.twitter.com/xLMxYcmtOE— MLB Trade Rumors (@mlbtraderumors) January 4, 2020
- Asdrubal Cabrera will stay with the Nationals this season as they re-sign him to a one-year/ $2.5 million deal.
Asdrubal Cabrera signs one year, $2.5 million deal with #Nats, source confirms. Incentives for plate appearances could bring value to $3 million. @ByRobertMurray and @JonHeyman were first on the story. @MLBNetwork @MLB— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) January 4, 2020
- If this doesn’t get you hyped for the game today, I don’t know what will. Tune into the Seahawks game vs the Eagles at 1:40 on NBC.
The Past Ten Years of Ballin... it’s been fun! But the next decade.. watch out! It’s gunna be #DangeRuss #2020 pic.twitter.com/PUj0dO1AFE— Russell Wilson (@DangeRussWilson) January 3, 2020
- Check out this neat article about a backyard endurance race unlike any other.
My first magazine story is online! It’s about a self-proclaimed “hillbilly geezer” who invented a diabolical ultra race in his backyard and a woman who made history this year running it (@MaggatronRuns) https://t.co/1Rs3IMw2kM— Jessica Smetana (@jessica_smetana) December 4, 2019