In Mariners News...
- The Mariners have signed Mitch Nay, former Blue jays 1st round draft pick, to a minor league deal.
The Seattle Mariners have signed 3B Mitch Nay, 26, to a minor league deal.— Joe (@JoeDoyleMiLB) January 3, 2020
A former Blue Jays 1st Round Pick (2012), Nay hunts fastballs and has a bit of swing and miss in his approach. Good power. Below average 3B, but good arm.
.278/.341/.504 across AA-AAA in 2019.
Around The League...
- One of Cuba’s top prospects, Oscar Colas, is looking to sign with an MLB team.
Outfielder/pitcher Oscar Colás, one of the best prospects to emerge from Cuba in years, has defected and will seek a deal with a major league team, sources familiar with his plans tell ESPN. Colás, 21, played in Japan last year and hit .302/.350/.516. He’s a LHP up to 95, too.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) January 3, 2020
- The Nationals are makin’ moves, their latest addition being former Marlin Starlin Castro.
Second baseman Starlin Castro is in agreement with the Washington Nationals on a two-year, $12 million contract, pending a physical, a source familiar with the deal tells ESPN. @Ken_Rosenthal was first with the agreement.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) January 3, 2020
- The story behind Yoenis Cespedes’ unfortunate injury:
https://t.co/mnQe1cc1z7 exclusive with @KenDavidoff @NYPost_Mets How did Yoenis Cespedes get injured on his ranch on the way to losing a huge chunk of his contract.— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) January 3, 2020
- The Giants sign Tyson Ross to a minor-league deal of $1.75 million + incentives.
The #SFGiants signed veteran pitcher Tyson Ross, a Bay Area native, to a minor-league deal. He'll earn $1.75 million w/ $1.75M in incentives if he makes their big-league team. Ross earned $5.75M last year with the #Tigers, but didn't pitch after May 10 with elbow/neck injuries.— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) January 3, 2020