Hey folks! Happy Hall of Fame announcement day! Here’s how things look as we head into the announcement:
With 210 ballots revealed/~51.0% of the vote known:— Ryan Thibodaux (@NotMrTibbs) January 21, 2020
Jeter - 100%
Walker - 83.3%
Schilling - 79.0%
Bonds - 71.9%
Clemens - 71.40
Vizquel - 49.0%
Sheffield - 36.2%
Wagner - 34.8%
Kent - 33.3%
Manny - 31.4%
Jones - 23.8%
And here’s what else you need to know today.
In Mariners news...
- Michael Ajeto at Pitcher List previews the upcoming season for the M’s pitchers.
- Marc W at U.S.S. Mariner gave his take on Félix Hernández going to Atlanta.
Around the league...
- The Nolan Arenado drama got turned up to 11 last night with the player speaking publicly about trade rumors.
- Evan Drellich at The Athletic wonders what baseball’s next steps are following this sign-stealing drama. ($)
- David Wright is living his best life.
I inquired of David Wright if he’d consider the Mets manager job. His response: “Happy New Year Jon. Correct, I am not interested in coaching. Full transparency I did accept a position as a coach on my daughter’s 3/4 year old coed tee ball team this spring.”— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) January 20, 2020
- As if this story couldn’t get any weirder...
Someone posing as Carlos Beltrán's niece tweeted that Altuve & Bregman were stealing signs, setting off a wild frenzy of conspiracy theories. But the acct may belong to Incarcerated Bob, "the originator of fake news in the gambling world." @thedailybeast https://t.co/CXB4lhcRtz— Robert Silverman (@BobSaietta) January 20, 2020
- A big step for who is likely to be considered the top catching prospect in baseball by many.
Adley Rutschman has received a formal invitation to the #Orioles @MLB spring training, source says. @MLBNetwork @RutschmanAdley— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) January 20, 2020
- Oh no.
Chandler Parsons "suffered multiple severe and permanent injuries including a traumatic brain injury, disc herniation and a torn labrum," according to a statement from the law firm representing Parsons. https://t.co/r96s8c3CON— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) January 20, 2020