Good morning everyone and happy Monday! Here are some links to get your day started.
In Mariners news...
- I need to get me one of those green jerseys.
Eric Filia’s time in LIDOM goes on as he’s selected in the re-draft for the championship series by the Tigres del Licey with the second pick. https://t.co/UjgWDoeqEj— Lookout Landing (@LookoutLanding) January 19, 2020
- Congratulations to the Swanson family!
Becoming a father tops it all! Welcome Toby Gene Swanson to this wonderful world. pic.twitter.com/9adR0L8Nf8— Erik Swanson (@Erik_Swanson03) January 19, 2020
Around the league...
- Tyler Kepner at The New York Times dissected the Houston Astros scandal from the top.
- Jon Greenberg at The Athletic wrote about the Astros’ sign-stealing scandal from the perspective of Yu Darvish, who is understandably frustrated given how poorly he performed in the 2017 World Series. ($)
"Not one Astros player told MLB investigators he understood he was committing a violation, a source said." https://t.co/vcHffeywHl— Bradford William Davis (@_beewilly) January 19, 2020
- The Royals are closing in on a deal that would bring Alex Gordon back to Kansas City.
- Cross-over baseball and football fact, but wow!
- David Schoenfield at ESPN looks ahead to the next decade of Hall of Fame classes.
- Very polite of the elephant to not disturb the people sleeping.