In Mariners News...
- Julio Rodriguez made his MLB Network debut yesterday and discussed his goals for the upcoming season.
"Remember this name because this kid's gonna do damage once he gets here."— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) January 10, 2020
Mariners prospect @J_RODshow joined Hot Stove on MLB Network this morning to talk about his goals in 2020. pic.twitter.com/peFXkqdxrG
- The Mariners avoided arbitration with Mitch Haniger, Mallex Smith, and Sam Tuivailala.
#Mariners agree to terms with three arbitration eligible players: OF Mitch Haniger, OF Mallex Smith and RHP Sam Tuivailala. Seattle has now signed all arbitration eligible players.— MarinersPR (@MarinersPR) January 10, 2020
Read: https://t.co/q86s5WLhec pic.twitter.com/8qclkvYEKS
- With the signing of Sam Haggerty, the Mariners roster is now full.
The Mariners have claimed INF/OF Sam Haggerty off waivers from the Mets.— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) January 10, 2020
The 40-man roster is now full.
Around The League...
- The Dodgers avoid arbitration with Cody Bellinger and agree on an $11.5 million deal.
Cody Bellinger and the Dodgers avoid arbitration with an $11.5 million deal. It’s the biggest deal for a first-year arbitration-eligible player, eclipsing Kris Bryant’s $10.85 million in 2017.— Mark Feinsand (@Feinsand) January 11, 2020
- Javier Baez has signed a one-year/$10 million contract with the Cubs.
Infielder Javier Baez and the Chicago Cubs are in agreement on a one-year, $10 million contract, sources with knowledge of the deal tell ESPN.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) January 10, 2020
- Former Dodgers 3B Jedd Gyorko signs with the Brewers.
- The Red Sox have traded minor league SS Anguedis Santos to the Marlins in exchange for RHP Austin Price.
The Red Sox have acquired RHP Austin Brice from the Marlins in exchange for Minor League SS Angeudis Santos. Boston also designated INF Marco Hernández for assignment.— Mark Feinsand (@Feinsand) January 10, 2020
- OF David Peralta and the Diamondbacks agree to a 3-year/$22 million deal + incentives.
- The Twins have signed Miguel Sano to a three-year extension.
Third baseman Miguel Sano is in agreement with the Minnesota Twins on a three-year contract extension, a source familiar with the deal tells ESPN. It includes a club option for the 2023 season and will buy out two year sof free agency.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) January 11, 2020
- All other arbitration updates can be found here.