Good morning everyone! For those of you who are NFL fans, I hope you enjoyed your first full NFL Sunday. For those of you who are not, I hope your Sunday was enjoyable nonetheless. Hopefully you didn’t spend too much time watching yesterday’s Mariners game. Now that the week is getting going, let’s start your day off with some links.
In Mariners news...
- Certainly a...dubious distinction.
Teams to score 20 runs and allow no more than 1 hit in the same game:— Jeremy Frank (@MLBRandomStats) September 8, 2019
6/21/1871 - Boston Red Stockings vs. Fort Wayne Kekiongas (21-0 score, Al Spalding starting)
9/08/2019 - Houston Astros vs. Seattle Mariners (21-1 score, Gerrit Cole starting)
- If you’re on Twitter, then you’re well aware of the impact this account makes on the M’s community. Well-deserved praise for another great season of coverage.
With the MiLB season for the Mariners at a close, it's time to extend a hearty thank-you to @MiLBMariners for constant coverage of the minors system. Invaluable resource and a must-follow for Mariners fans as the farm system continues to improve.— Lookout Landing (@LookoutLanding) September 9, 2019
- He’s coming!
BIG news coming in tonight as former Bear and Golden Spikes Award winner Kyle Lewis has been called up to the Mariners! #RoarTogether pic.twitter.com/uBlingkrWt— Mercer Baseball (@MercerBaseball) September 9, 2019
Around the league...
- Coming on the heels of a World Series win, this is very surprising.
BREAKING: Dave Dombrowski is out as president of the Boston Red Sox. Assistant general manager Eddie Romero will take over as head of baseball operations.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) September 9, 2019
- He made it!
I teared up a little bit. pic.twitter.com/D6rUkgM1ZI— Brittney Bush Bollay (@BrittneyBush) September 8, 2019
- Bad news for the Yankees as the playoffs draw near.
Aaron Hicks has been slowed down in the rehab process....according to Aaron Boone he’s “not feeling quite right”. Had an additional MRI which checked out... season could be in jeopardy #yankees— Meredith Marakovits (@M_Marakovits) September 7, 2019
- In other Yankees injury news, Gio Urshela is back for the Bombers.
- Another top AL West prospect is on his way up!
With @AviatorsLV eliminated from @TripleABaseball playoffs, top #Athletics prospect Jesus Luzardo is headed to The Show.— Minor League Baseball (@MiLB) September 8, 2019
️ https://t.co/uxdKEClw6X pic.twitter.com/IbmZScgjY0
- It’s amazing he hasn’t had a blowup since then.
Jack Flaherty had a 4.90 ERA after his July 2nd start. He has decreased his ERA in every start since:— Jeremy Frank (@MLBRandomStats) September 8, 2019
July 2: 4.90 ERA
July 7: 4.64
July 16: 4.41
July 21: 4.24
July 26: 4.17
Aug 1: 3.93
Aug 7: 3.72
Aug 13: 3.52
Aug 18: 3.46
Aug 23: 3.32
Aug 28: 3.31
Sep 3: 3.13
Sep 8: 2.99
- The legend of Michael Lorenzen continues as the Reds’ right-hander hit a walk-off single against the Diamondbacks yesterday.