Good morning folks! It was awesome to see the debut of Kyle Lewis last night, and doubly cool that he kicked off his MLB career with a homer off of Trevor Bauer. This could be a fun month of Mariners baseball! With that, here are some other things going on in baseball today.
In Mariners news...
- Baseball Prospectus looks ahead to 2020 for the Mariners. ($)
- In case you missed it...
Mariners announce their minor league awards. pic.twitter.com/vRfgtClis1— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) September 10, 2019
- This is a neat peek behind the curtain.
On the heels of Kyle Lewis getting the call to the Show, we take a look back at the 2016 MLB Draft when the Mariners selected the Mercer University standout in the 1st Round. pic.twitter.com/Rcavt1Chcc— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) September 10, 2019
Around the league...
- This is the wildest stat.
Bruce Bochy has managed from 1995-2019.— MLB Stats (@MLBStats) September 10, 2019
His current managerial record is 1995-2019.
(via canigetawoop_woop on reddit)
- Baseball America named its Minor League All-Stars, a list that includes a trio of Mariners.
- Baseball America also scouted the Peoria Javelinas. ($)
- These quotes never cease.
Mickey Callaway said J.D. Davis needs days off and the Mets will have a “competitive advantage” by having Davis off the bench to play part of the game (instead of the full game).— Tim Healey (@timbhealey) September 10, 2019
Callaway admits that Syndergaard's ERA is better with Tomas Nido but made sure to note Syndergaard's win-loss record is better with Wilson Ramos.— Michael Mayer (@mikemayerMMO) September 10, 2019
- Ben Clemens at Fangraphs dives into the few circumstances where an infield fly ball produced a baserunner.
- In what is terrible news for baseball fans everywhere, Brewers outfielder Christian Yelich will miss the rest of the year with a knee injury.