Good morning everyone! Happy Monday. Here are some fresh links to get your week started.
In Mariners news...
- Elvis Alvarado continues to earn praise.
Elvis Alvarado, acquired in the Roenis Elias trade, continues to receive a lot of publicity.— Joe (@JoeDoyleWSU) August 4, 2019
A long ways to go. pic.twitter.com/cy1ivhs7vd
- Greg Johns reports that the M’s are pondering a six-man rotation to manage the workloads of Yusei Kikuchi and Marco Gonzales.
Around the league...
- And this is how the Astros become the Astros.
To give you an idea of how far ahead the Astros are in the player-development-information game, they had 75 Edgertronic cameras installed throughout their system last season when many clubs were experimenting with their first high-speed camera spring— Travis Sawchik (@Travis_Sawchik) August 4, 2019
- Former top Mariners prospect Tyler O’Neill has been placed on the injured list with a wrist strain.
- Anthony Fenech at the Detroit Free Press has details on some almost-deals the Tigers had that could have changed the fate of the franchise.
- The nightmare season continues for Robinson Canó, who may be heading back to the injured list.
- Checking in on Raúl Ibañez...
Raul Ibanez has seized control of the Phanatic's hot dog launcher. He's shooting duds. The fans are not pleased. Anarchy. Phillies trail, 5-1.— Matt Gelb (@MattGelb) August 4, 2019
- Angels pitchers are cursed.
#Angels reliever Luke Bard, who arrived in Cleveland this morning, just took a 103-mph line drive off bat of Carlos Santana on the back or back of the elbow and is coming out of the game.— Mike DiGiovanna (@MikeDiGiovanna) August 4, 2019